In support of Miriam College’s “Girls Be Brave” advocacy, the Maryknoll/Miriam College Alumni Association (MMCAA) presents the “BBrave Swim and Run for Fun” Aquathlon. Previously scheduled on May 6, it will now be happening on Sunday, July 22, 2018, 4:00 a.m., at the Miriam College campus along Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City.
BBrave Swim and Run
Organized with race professionals Itemhound, this swim and run event has several categories:
1) Solo participants (Php1,000) may race the following distances:
- Ages 7-10 200 Meter Swim and 500 Meter Run
- Ages 11 to 14 400 Meter Swim and 3 Kilometer Run
- Ages 15 to 17 600 Meter Swim and 3 Kilometer Run
- Ages 18 up 600 Meter Swim and 5 Kilometer Run
2) The Relay Open (Php900/head)is open for Male/Female/Mixed duos to take on the 400 Meter Swim and 3 Kilometer Run as a tag team.
3) Family Pair (Php900/head) is open to duos composed of immediate family members (i.e., mother, father, siblings) that will tackle a “demanding” 200 Meter Swim and a “lung-busting” one (1) Kilometer Run. For this category, the pair must start and end the race together, floaters will be allowed in the swim leg and there are no age groupings – young kids may race with a parent.
Students, professionals and families with young children are welcome to join, as it will be a good venue for beginner athletes to test competition waters or for more serious ones to train in a non-competitive environment, and to just have good, clean F-U-N!
Online registration for the race via www.goorahna.com is open until July 15 only. Race kits, which may only be claimed on site on July 22 beginning 4:00 a.m., will include a swim cap, t-shirt and timing chip. There will be no registration on race day.
The BBrave Swim and Run for Fun is a fundraising project for Project MMaria, the MMCAA’s Quick Response to Calamities mobilization initiative, as well as athletic scholarships. For inquiries, please contact: the MMCAA Alumni Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 930-6272 loc. 1187.
About the MMCAA
The Maryknoll/Miriam College Alumni Association (MMCAA), is a non-stock, non-profit association of graduates and qualified former students of Maryknoll College and Miriam College. The MMCAA was established primarily to pursue social, civic, cultural, scientific, educational, and charitable projects for the benefit of its members and the school.
For more updates on the upcoming events:
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/runningphotographers
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RunningPhotog
Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/runningphotographers